A refractometer is a laboratory or field device for the measurement of an index of refraction (refractometry). The index of refraction is calculated from the observed refraction angle using Snell's law. For mixtures, the index of refraction then allows to determine the concentration using mixing rules such as the Gladstone–Dale relation and Lorentz–Lorenz equation. Standard refractometers measure the extent of light refraction (as part of a refractive index) of transparent substances in either a liquid or solid-state; this is then used in order to identify a liquid sample, analyze the sample's purity, and determine the amount or concentration of dissolved substances within the sample. As light passes through the liquid from the air it will slow down and create a ‘bending’ illusion, the severity of the ‘bend’ will depend on the amount of substance dissolved in the liquid. For example, the amount of sugar in a glass of water. A high-quality clinical hand-held analog refractometer for quick and accurate serum total protein and urine specific gravity measurements. Adjustable focus. Temperature compensated. Comes with protective case. Determines The Freeze Point of Antifreeze and Battery Acid By Measuring The Degree of Which Light Bends As It Passes Through The Sample, The Refractive Index Measured is Then Converted to Percentage of Water to Propylene or Ethylene for Easy Reading.
- SKU: 16029
- Manufacturer: Lax.Co
- Adjustable focus
- Temperature compensated
- Comes with protective case
- Ranges: 0-100 ppt of Salinity and 1.000 to 1.070 Specific Gravity
- Accuracy: +/- 1 ppt / 0.001 Specific Gravity
- Divisions: 1 ppt / 0.001 Specific Gravity
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
- 100% Heavier than the plastic toy units out their! Heavy Duty to meet the rigors of field use, or the perils of your Toddler thinking it is a Light Saber!
- A high-quality clinical hand-held analog refractometer for quick and accurate serum total protein and urine specific gravity measurements
- All Metal Housing, Calibration Screw, Glass Prism, Non Roll Stand, Rubber Eye Cup, Rubber Grip, Scale Display, Single Hinged Daylight Plate
|Unit of Measure||each|