Fresh Cow YMCP Plus [50 lb.]
Fresh Cow YMCP Plus [50 lb.]
Highly palatable powder providing a good source of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium as well as niacin and direct-fed microbials, including yeast and lactic acid bacteria. Given to cows immediately after calving to aid in preventing milk fever, ketosis, and displaced abomasum; this product is a low-cost supplement to help prevent costly metabolic disorders post-calving.
A readily digestible combination of yeast, magnesium, calcium, potassium, betaine and niacin for use in high-producing dairy cows immediately after calving. Helps cows in the transition from calving to lactation. Field trials show a $70 gain in milk over feed & YMCP cost per cow - or $7000 per 100 cows.
Fresh Cow Plus YMCP is a complementary highly palatable powder that serves as a dietetic mineral supplement for freshly calved dairy cows containing yeast, magnesium, calcium, potassium, niacin, yeast and lactic acid bacteria to ease the transition into lactation. Given to cows immediately after calving to aid in preventing milk fever, ketosis, and displaced abomasum; this product is a low-cost supplement to help prevent costly metabolic disorders post-calving.
May be administered in one of the following three ways. Scoop included in the 25 lb, 40 lb, and 50 lb sizes measures a 0.5 lb amount.
Drench use: Mix 1 lb of the powder to 1 pint of warm water. Drench suspension slowly to allow for swallowing. Do not drench cows that are down or struggle excessively as their ability to swallow may be impaired.
Water use: Use in drinking water by mixing 0.5 lb of powder to 5 gallons of warm water and repeat to provide the intended intake of one pound per cow. For best results offer as soon as possible after calving.
Feed mixing or top dressing: When feed mixing or top dressing, mix sufficient amount of product in the total ration to provide an intake of 1 lb per cow as soon as possible after calving. When top dressing, hand mix or disperse Fresh Cow YMCP throughout the total ration or grain ration. To administer capsules: Administer 6 capsules immediately after calving. To administer paste: Lock tube into application gun and administer in the back of the mouth one entire tube. Repeat dose in 12 hours. Do not give to animals having difficulty swallowing.
Fresh Cow YMCP Plus [50 lb.] Highlights:
- SKU: 13320
- Manufacturer: Tech Mix
- Available in 2lb, 25lb, and 50lb sizes.
- Cows drink it because of its great flavor.
- This is the number one selling calcium supplement in the United States.
- Repeat dose in 12 hours. Do not give to animals having difficulty swallowing.
- Niacin works to reduce incidence of ketosis while direct-fed microbials help maintain gut health getting the cow back on feed faster post-calving.
- Contains 54 grams of calcium derived from 4 different sources including easy-to-absorb milk calcium which can help return muscle tone to the uterus and rumen/digestive tract to reduce the chance of displaced abomasum.