Bohning Block HB528
Bohning Block HB528
This Bohning Block was developed with the cooperation of hoof trimming experts. These trimmers often encountered issues with standard plastic hoof blocks: the blocks did not adhere well to the hoof despite proper preparation, creating extra work for the trimmers and frustration for the farms they serve. Over the course of several months, these hoof trimmers worked in cooperation with Bohning’s in-house team of engineers and material specialists to design and develop the material used in the Bohning Block. Manufactured entirely at the Bohning Co. in Lake City Michigan, the Bohning Block has the right features to ensure great adhesion and durability.
STICKS. Honeycomb pattern creates an ultra-strong bond with the glue, keeping it out of manure pumps and preventing glue waste.
NO FLAME NECESSARY. Our manufacturing process leaves no oily residue, so you don’t have to waste time burning it off before application. There is no need to apply heat/flame to the Bohning Block, but you may do so if this is your preference as it will not negatively affect durability or adhesion.
DURABLE. Lasts up to 3 months in high-wear environments.
We produce our blocks at our factory in Northern Michigan, so we can keep the quality high, lead times low, and supply constant.
HANGABLE. Hole incorporated for hanging on a peg or lanyard
THREE SIZES AVAILABLE. Small (White), Large (Purple), XL (Yellow).
- Clean and prepare the hoof, creating a flat surface.
- There is no need to apply heat/flame to the Bohning® Block, but you may do so if this is your preference as it will not negatively affect durability or adhesion.
- The hole in the end of the block is for hanging on a peg or lanyard and does not indicate the direction the block should be applied. Block can be applied on either side.
- Apply block with a two-part epoxy glue, following glue specifications.
Using our state-of-the-art equipment, we tested the tensile strength of the most popular epoxies on the market with our blocks. All glue brands passed the minimum PSI threshold. The glues with a flexible consistency (which are typically clear or whitish in color) tended to have the highest tensile strengths in laboratory settings, and required less glue. These glues also typically require longer cure times.
On the XL block, one side has shallow honeycomb pockets and the other side has deeper honeycomb pockets. We tested both sides and confirmed they both adhere well.
We also tested our blocks against other brands, lab results showed our blocks adhere over 10x as well as most competitors.
Bohning Block HB528 Highlights:
- SKU: 24722
- Manufacturer: BOHNING COMPANY
- TWO SIZES AVAILABLE, Small (White) & Large (Purple)
- Lanyard hole incorporated for easy access
- Lasts up to 3 months in high-wear environments
- Can be flipped to be used on either side of the hoof
- Honeycomb pattern creates an ultra-strong bond with the glue and prevents glue waste
- Our manufacturing process leaves no oily residue so you don’t have to waste time burning it off before application
|Unit of Measure||each|