Fera Diagnostics FerAppease [300 mL]
FerAppease® [300 mL]
FerAppease Maternal Bovine Appeasing Substance (MBAS) is a synthetic analogue of the natural secretion of the mammary gland on the skin, produced when nursing offspring. When used on prey animals, such as cattle and calves, it helps desensitize areas of brain, decreasing the perception of a threat and improving animal welfare and productivity. Decreases stress, respectively reducing flight response, lowering cortisol levels, decreasing inflammation, lowering morbidity and mortality, and increasing weight gain and productivity. Cattle become calmer, more susceptible to handling and treatment. Improves animal welfare and safety of people caring for the animals.
Use on adult cattle during stressful events such as calving, drying off, breeding, pen changes, diet change, and entering the milking herd. In calves, use to mitigate stress during weaning, dehorning, castration, branding, transportation, commingling and vaccination. Also when used at the time of castration and dehorning, it is shown to decrease stress and pain in calves. FerAppease is an easy-to-administer topical liquid applied to the back of head and above the nostrils. Provides a sense of safety and comfort during routine management procedures.
Use on healthy cattle by topical administration to nuchal skin and the skin above the muzzle. Best to apply about 24 hours prior to upcoming stressor. Takes effect about 5 minutes after application (visibly calmer, less vocal and less aggressive behavior) with a full effect lasting 3 days or more.
For adult animals: Apply 5-ml to the nuchal skin and a second 5-ml application to the skin above the muzzle.
For youngstock: Apply 2.5-ml to the nuchal skin and a second 2.5-ml application to the skin above the muzzle.
FerAppease® [300 mL] Highlights:
- SKU: 27881
- Manufacturer: Fera Diagnostics and Biologicals
- Use anytime during management and physiological stressors
- Low volume, topical dose. One bottle treats 30 adult cattle or 60 young stock
- Decreases stress and pain when used at the time of castration and dehorning
- All ingredients in FerAppease are FDA approved under GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe)
- Ideal for first-calf heifers entering the lactation cycle; calmer and easier to load into the parlor
- Allows the animal to feel safe and more comfortable during routine animal handling procedures
- Starts working in as little as 5 minutes, with full effects lasting for 3 days; maximum activity is 14 days
- Increases safety to the handlers and reduces risk of injury to the animal because they are not as stressed
- Naturally comforts the animals, reducing stress and increasing susceptibility to drug treatment and immunization response
- Domesticated food animals are prey species, in threatening situations the amygdala and areas of the hypothalamus are overstimulated and will trigger short- and long-term physiological changes.
- Topically administered Maternal Bovine Appeasing substance is locally assimilated by the vomeronasal organ located in the nasal cavity. It desensitizes regions of the amygdala and the hypothalamus, decreasing the perception of threat.
|Manufacturer||Fera Diagnostics and Biologicals|
|Volume (ML)||300 ML|
|Unit of Measure||Bottle|
|Video Link||Click Here|